14 December 2007

contentment

There is a lot to be said about being content, whether it is in life, an event, or even for a fleeting moment. The bigger thing is taking the time to notice this contentment and appreciating the moment in which it presents itself. I had many such moments during my stay in Portland last week. They came in the following forms, sitting a my favorite lunch at the Manzone, ordering a beer at Kells, having coffee and discussing life, sitting at a friends kitchen table, getting a foot massage, eating my Thanksgiving dinner (better late than never), watching the Ducks play football in person, and having dinner with dear friends. The friends are what highlighted these perfect, wouldn't want to be anywhere else moments But I even had them alone, whiile standing in my beautiful loft or walking through the neighborhood. I appreciate that I was able to take it all in and save it for a rainy day such as today. Back in NY where everything is shallow and lonely, I am grateful that I can close my eyes and be back in those moments.

No comments: