31 May 2007

worth smiling about

The one that makes my heart leap at the very sight of text message, a relationship, if you will, that has gone on almost as long as I have lived here. Our fourth time seeing each other was initiated by him wanting me to join him for Memorial Day weekend in CT, however he didn’t tell me this until I was in LA in the middle of trip. Even if I faked sick, I would still be clear across the country. I instead made the effort to go and see him in the city on my day off. I knew that he had to get up super early and my time with him would be short but sweet non-the less. We talked on the phone all day and finally I was walking down 5th Ave when I called and told him I was in the city. He asked for twenty minutes to clean up his desk so I occupied myself with a glass of champagne at the St Regis. He called and asked to meet him at Tao’. I settled up my bill after listening to the regulars discuss their weekends in the Hamptons and charity benefit, it shouldn’t have shocked at the thirty dollar bill, however I gulped as I signed the receipt. Carefree from the champagne but butterflies from seeing him, I ran the five blocks. He managed to get a table in the lounge and there he was dressed in a pinstriped suit with a pink shirt, oh so handsome. We talked, flirted, held hands, and ate dinner. He told me that I made him nervous. I must really have my act together around him?! An early night ended in a fantastic kiss as his car dropped me off at the Path. Two days later and I am still smiling.

No comments: