12 May 2007

twenty-seven hours

Talk about a trip from hell...ironically it involved SLC.
For my last day off of the week, I decided to spend the warm spring day enjoying one of my favorite things in life, baseball. The Yankees were playing an afternoon game so I made my way out to the Bronx, grabbed a dog and beer, and sat sixty feet from first base. Four beers later I headed back to the city and made some phone calls; dinner plans didn't pan out so I decided to go home. It was a wise decision as a trip was dropped into my line. I had to look at it several times to grasp what they expected from me. Check in was 0430, the trip went to IAH, one hour sit, then onto SLC, where we stayed for nine hours before getting up and doing the red-eye home. I was gone for 27 hours from door to door, worked a seventeen hour day with twelve of it directly in the air. I am exhausted to say the least. It would have been a little more manageable if I would have had some one I wanted to talk to but the pilots were not too friendly, the first class girl was brand new and didn't have a mind of her own so she repeated what anyone else said, and the lead...well she was a few cards short of deck. The kicker was when one of our engines won't start and I thought I would be stuck with these people in the land of no caffenine even longer.

No comments: