04 May 2007

vegatarian

I arose to 9th Street West in my pink coat looking for my date for the evening. I saw what I thought was him in a black Mercedes convertible, but it was not the white one I remembered from the other night, so I called to see if he picked up the phone while I peeked around the corner. I climbed into the car and soaked up the sun as the wind brushed my cheek and the sun poured down upon as we drove around the village with the top down. I told him he had to pick a place in which my dress would fit in, he choose the BlueWater Grill and we dined outside, at Carrie and Miranda’s table over looking Union Square. It was a very nice evening. This evening however is being spent in Tulsa, Oklahoma watching the storm clouds pass. My crew is kind of strange with the lead that is from somewhere in the south and a little off her rocker, the captain who is the definition of a nerd, who is infatuated with my classmate and myself. The saving grace is my jumpseat time with the classmate.

This day took us to BWI not too exciting of a place but it did take a while to get there. I was up front with my 12 passanger offering lunch options of shrimp salad or a steak sandwich, by the time I reached the back row all the steak sandwiches were already claimed. This is was explained to the couple who seemed disappointed and only the wife placed her order. While handing out drinks and mixed nuts, I asked the husband if he was sure he didn't want a salad or perhaps a sandwich from the back. (Mind you, I don't hear very well) He started pointing at his cheek and saying he would be okay and what I heard was that we wanted a kiss. I gave his wife a puzzled look and then when in for peck on the cheek. It must have startled him because he pulled away and asked what I was doing. Finally I heard correctly, that he had a dip. He asked if I was trying to give him a heart attack. Luckily we all found humor in the situation and they asked for a comment card. "You are not going to tell that I tried to kiss you, are?" They chuckled and say no, just wanted to tell someone how I made their trip.

YYC...we arrived and mapped out our evening. Although I was invited to a comedy show from the comic in first class, it seemed almost impossible to make our way to the other side of town. Instead we got the van driver to give us a ride to the mall and then we asked younger people where the hot stops were. We convinced the driver to take us back to the hotel, wait for us to change, and drop us by the train. After a stop at the 7/11 for road soda, we boarded the train and set out for the city. We had to ask for more directions and ended up a places other than our destination because we couldn't figure out the damn streets. We walked by a place called Tantra which looked intriguing so we flirted with the doorman to bypass the cover and went in. Great scene and we took it in will sipping martinis from the corner booth. We stayed there until a drunk guy kept talking to us and told us about the bar down the road that won't let him in because he wasn't tall, dark, and handsome. Sounds like our kind of place so walked over to Whiskey and sure enough, it was poppin'. We called it an evening around 0200 and got a cab home. Our drinks fueled the conversation of what is it all about and if we would find our way in life soon. The cabbie, obviously listening the whole time, told us he had figured out life because he found out that Jesus was a vegatarian.

No comments: