16 May 2007

chuckle

The jingle of the ice cream truck fills my ears and signals the start of a hot, sticky summer in New York. It is still in the spring phase for now and it is the perfect time to meet for date, drive with the top down, and dine outdoors. He was in a new red Mercedes convertiable this time and we made our way through town to the MPD we we sat outside and ate antipasta while watching all the limos, Bentleys, and nice cars drive past. Something good was shaken in the neighborhood. The table behind us was talking about ribs, and I told my date it had been a long time since I had ribs. We quickly paid our bill and headed to Houstons for what I can describe as one of the best plates of ribs I have ever had. A quick call to my madre informed me of a crappy three day to FL with a late check-in, perfect! C and one of her frinds meet us out for a drink and we bar hopped all over. We wrapped up the night at our fav spot, Cafeteria and then headed home. Her car was parked in Hoboken and when we got off the train, a cop pulled up. We thought we were in trouble and looked at each other wondering what we had done. Turns out nothing, he just wanted to make sure we got to our car alright and if that wasn't enough, he then gave each of us his number. This gave us a chuckle the whole way home. Where I come from, cops aren't allowed to hit on people, what a strange place I live in.

No comments: