29 May 2007

uno, dos, tres...

Five days, four nights, three gals, too many beers, and one goal: Fun in the sun. What I live for in this job is my week vacation I take once a month. This month’s destination was Puerto Vallarta with my gal pals, Nichole and Janene. After barely making the flight to IAH, I had to check my bag, which left me with my uniform on exiting the plane into the Mexican sun. I changed quickly into my swimsuit as soon as we reached our all-inclusive resort and had a beer in my hand in record time. A day of lounging by the pool followed by a siesta set the tone for the rest of the week. We did mix it up a bit in the evening by heading into town. The first evening we pretending it was Janene’s birthday while we dined at Pipi’s, we served as the whole restaurants entertainment. We met up with some LA folks and hit a couple of bars with them until we held up the white flag and passed out in our beds. The key to a good holiday is a swim up bar, we took full advantage of it and the waiter that was around every five minutes. Water aerobics in Spanish set the background for our sunning, “uno-dos-tres” as arms flailed about. The next night was spent at Senor Frogs playing name that tune (three beer winner here), taking jello shots, and dancing in foam. If you have never been to a foam party, I highly recommend it simply for the weird feeling of dancing in bubbles up to your waist. And what is the best way to clean off from a foam party? Why skinny-dipping of course. Our third night was spent watching Dirty Dancing with Spanish subtitles and ordering in pizza. Our final evening included two couples from AZ who joined us back at Pipi’s and then Carlos O’Brien’s. Once again we played name that tune but they would only allow one beer per person so I had to give the answers to someone else. I was chosen, however, to participate in the beer chugging contest, which I won in time, but they counted the teaspoon of foam left against me. Damn it that would have been a title I would have been proud to have!!!

Well back to reality as I am in the middle of a fantastic trip, picked up by Carol, that allows me to spend two nights in LAX. It is a very productive trip that takes me from home-LAX-IAH-LAX-home. The rest of my original crew is enjoying a 42-hour layover while I have to work today. I am standing in position while the safety demo plays, spacing off when I hear, “excuse me”, I turn to answer the woman’s question. “Can I have a pillow?” I look down and see a pillow in the empty seat next to her, “there is a pillow next to you” I reply. “I know, it has been used.” “Here’s a little secret, they have all been used, sista!” Still I went and got her another pillow that she proceeded to sniff for the remainder of the demo. Takes all kinds, I tell ya. Yesterday we had Connie Chung on our flight and she was super nice and has gorgeous handwriting as she spent the flight filling out thank yous. I am waiting to see if there are any more celebs on my flights this weekend. Maybe Jude or George will be going back to NY and realize how much they need me in their lives. Here’s hoping!

No comments: