28 March 2009

i can’t escape stupidity

I was assigned BFS today while out walking Willy. It was the day after my birthday and while not hung-over, I was still tired from the evening prior. The scheduler told me I would be working with a Cleveland crew, and my immediate response was, “so I will be doing most of the work then?” Little did I know that the rumors were true.

I got the airport in time to eat my salad and then make my way to the gate. I sat there for at least 20 minutes before I went and asked the agent what was going on. She knew nothing so I went down to hang out on the plane and at least do my pre flight checks. The captain came down, some dike that had no clue about anything and didn’t seem to care that I was the only crewmember there. The FO came down and he was from Houston, so he was immediately written off first from his origin and then his bitching about being on the 757. I sat on the plane for an hour before these old biddies showed up, and did they seem to care, nope couldn’t give a damn about getting the plane off the gate anytime soon. Nor did these idiots acknowledge that I sat up there galleys for them.
The next six hours went something like that with their complete lack of understanding of international service. I schooled them in the aisle because I wanted to the shit done and get our customers to sleep. I choose the back galley to hang out in since there was no place to go to get away from the gossip about everyone in their base (using full names) and the small town mentality. I couldn’t escape to the pit either but of the lack of intelligence up there as well.
By the time we made it to the hotel and had to wait an hour for our rooms, I had had it. I am not looking forward to the chaos which will be tomorrow.

No comments: