02 March 2009

colder than a witch's tit

My dad used to have this among other random sayings and it seems to suit this day well. It's colder than a witch's tit here in NYC today. I knew the gorgeous spring days of Thursday and Friday seemed out of wack. Beth always manages to find the extreme days to use me to walk. The coldest day in five years, the hottest day of the year, a week of flooding, the highest wind gust. Yes, I have braved them all. Today the snow is piled eight inches and still coming down. This won't be bad except for the 30 mph gust which when they kick up, dresses me in snow. The two pups I am dog sitting are not thrilled with the prospect of being out there but don't realize they can't go in until they get their business done. They are not easy to reason with, these dogs.

No comments: