07 July 2008

cph

With my crazy schedule lately, I have been unable to find 15 minutes to hit the tanning bed, sometimes the thought of it overwhelms me. Luckily I have been building a nice tan thanks to open roof busses in London, a glorious day at Wimbledon, gay softball tournament in Central Park, dog walking, and today in Copenhagen.
I had my fingers crossed for a good trip knowing that people would call in sick for the holiday weekend. And low and behold, here I am in Scandinavia! Although it was an early check-in I was able to nurse my hang over from the evening prior where I celebrated the 4th of July in my new tradition of a penthouse party. I actually brought friends along this time and was able to enjoy the fireworks with Chris, who is slowly finding a way to my heart.
Besides the back galley gal who wore driving gloves the whole time, the loud ISM, and the other gal who I schooled on the beverage cart, it has been a great trip. We even got to take a nap on the way over (which helped out the hang-over as well). My room is right up against the bank of the river and boast fantastic views of Christiana.
I can’t begin to tell you how beautiful this city is. Gorgeous buildings everywhere you turn and gorgeous people to boot. I wandered for hours before setting off to find the statue of the Little Mermaid. After a wrong turn and thirty minutes of walking, I found the damn thing and got my photo with it. I headed back to go to the Tivoli gardens that were featured in my 501 MSD book. It was a prettier version of Disneyland with outrages prices so I just wandered about and then said what the hell and rode a giant swing set.
Back in my room and looking forward to my bed while across the bank Copenhagen Jazz Fest is playing live. I can’t begin to tell you how much I love this job when trips like this occur!

No comments: