04 September 2007

cafeteria ban lifted

The roomie and I have been home for the past week hanging out. She was feeling a bit blue so we made a date prior to our last trip for dinner and some girl time. We didn't get motivated until 2300 so dinner was scratched and replaced with going out. The east village was our destination as we decided to get out of our ues bubble and see what else NYC had for us. We stopped by a previous visited bar and grabbed a drink before wandering for a bit to the suggested place Solas. We walked in and it was dead but we stayed because they had connect four. We were ordering our second round and had graduated up to jenga when the bar filled up and the karaoke began. Christina has an amazing voice so she was right up there but in order to get a mic in my hands, it takes a lot of booze. Long story short, I sang a couple of duets. The bar closed down and not quite ready to go home, we decided to press our luck at Cafeteria. We were banned previously from my puking and passing out. We walked in casually with some random nerd we found on the street and ordered our usual. The next day was spend in bed, hung-over....urgh...am I getting old!
Wednesday was work out day for me as I finally found someone to play tennis with. I walked two miles, biked three, and play tennis for two hours. I came home to find Christina ready to go out, so I showered up and we hit the town. This time we went to Nolita to check out some bars she found. Nothing was poppin' so I made the decision that I wanted to see my boy at midnight. We walked into his bar and I stopped with hesitation in front; then walked in nervous as can be. We stood there patiently as he made drinks and it was while he stopped to take a sip of water that he noticed me. It was the perfect reaction and he took a second to figure out how to get to me. Single most romantic moment in my life: he scaled the bar, picked me up and kissed me. I could hear C squealing in the background. So we hung out for a while, me talking to firemen and gazing at him, Christina talking to the nerdy guys that had followed us from three bars previous. 0200 rolled around and we decided to call it an evening and get some grilled cheese. Back to our place we went, un-detected...that is damn good grilled cheese!!!

No comments: