16 September 2007

ben harper encore

You are always supposed to be exactly where you are when you are there. I was not supposed to be out on a date last night as noted by my date who “forgot”. My ego a little bruised I decided to walk it off and just started headed in the direction of home. A gentleman asked me if I knew where the Triumph hotel was and then asked me how my night was going. “I just got stood up”, I replied. The look on his face was priceless but he quickly recovered and asked me if I wanted to go and see Ben Harper with him and some friends as they had an extra ticket. I said yes immediately and within thirty minutes was sitting eighth row in Radio City Music Hall watching an incredible show with five new friends. Drinks on the rooftop of the Peninsula Hotel proceeded bar hopping and grilled cheese at my favorite late night hangout. All in all an evening that took a turn down made a nice 180.

Here’ what sucks about being a girl. I don’t profess to be a girl in most forms of the word, I don’t take eighty years to get ready, I hang with the boys, I like sports, I don’t let my emotions get in the way, and I certainly don’t take things too seriously. I am currently kicking myself for being a girl when it comes to John. Looking back over the past few weeks, I have been building things up in my head instead of taking it slow as we both established the first night. I had a nice wake up call today, sitting here thinking about conversations, how I have been a little too overly aggressive, and acting like a girl, pure and simple. I have decided to go into our date tonight with the mindset of what happens, happens, I can’t believe I let myself slip into the girl mind frame and set myself up for over thinking It is a sophomoric mistake that hopefully I have caught in time.

p.s. my humsaa necklace broke today...i wonder what the hell that means?

No comments: