12 September 2007

liam

Something more to add to my top five best feelings: watching Ducks football when they are playing amazing. Being in the Bighouse for the big win last week was incrediable!!! The whole weekend in Detriot was a success, hanging out with my best bud, her family, seeing old friends, rooting on our team, attending a Ben Harper concert (8th row), and then having my friend come back with me...Good Stuff!

BFS

I picked up a trip to Belfast to round out my turn of Ireland and to also bring along Janene. The crew was great, the hotel located in the heart of the town filled with so much history, and the company was a unique and welcomed change. We got to the room and napped for a bit before heading out to site see. Our first stop was the Crown Saloon, which is modeled after something on the Titanic or something like that. They poured a mean pint of Guinness, that is all I cared about. After making friends with the barkeep, we wandered around some more and came upon the oldest pub in Belfast. At Kelly's we ordered up a pint and took in the old building. It wasn't long before we were joined by a gentleman named Liam. He proceeded to explain the history of not only the pub but the conflict that still plagues Northern Ireland. According to his story we were sitting in the very seats were the IRA was formed. The declaration was upon the wall and the passion behind his story made the hairs on my arms stand up. This is why I love traveling.

No comments: