28 August 2007

one-dollar beers and two johns

08.20.07

My idea of a quick dinner and a beer resulted in me closing the place down. Mind you it is Monday night but here in NY it doesn’t matter what the day is, especially if there is a Yankee game on. I walked up to the bar and sat between two gentlemen clearly grabbing a beer after work. The bubbly bartender came up to me and took my order. I inquired about dollar beers for flight attendants and from that moment on, my glass was never empty. I began chatting with the guy on the left, then the gaggle of drunken Chinese men, then to the man on my right. His name was John and he owned a construction company. We had a very pleasant conversation over our bbq sandwiches while watching the game. After his departure around midnight a tall, good-looking man came up to the bar. Heather, the bartender, kissed him hello and then told him to come and sit with me as she thought I was very nice. Score for me because he was hot! John number two and I spent the next hour and half talking about everything you would on a first date. He is an absolute doll and we have made plans for dinner on Friday. I have a new phone; it is still a bit intimidating to me because of all the bells and whistles. John was interested in trying it so I let him text Christina, who had already called to make sure I was still alive. They had a bit of banter going on then he mentioned that he gave me a toy crocodile from the bar. She responded that she didn’t know what exactly that meant but good. After half running, half skipping home, I came into the apartment and placed the crocodile on her chest. She awoke startled with me falling on the ground laughing.

No comments: