12 September 2007

dtw

A major thing I miss about my previous life was attending Duck games. It is the perfect fall thing to do, get the Duck gear on, drive down to Eugene with friends, grab pizza at Tracktown, tailgate, and then cheer our team onto victory. I wasn’t able to attend a single game last year but to day I am heading to the Bighouse. Not jail, rather Michigan to watch my team play ball. I have already made friends with the four Oregon fans on the plane.

Today was also my first day with NY public transportation. With my previous history of it in Jersey you can understand why I allowed myself four hours to make my flight. I must say, however, it was a breeze and I was from my door to security in an hour and a half. I think I lucked out with my past month of driving in the city but the last attempt to drive to work and the two hours I sat in traffic was enough. I am now bound and determined to learn my way around the subway and the city without driving or cabs. I was made fun of on more than one occasion for being a “princess” about my getting around. Well princess here is going to enjoy her weekend in Michigan with good friends, football, and plenty of Bud Lites.

No comments: