13 October 2007

change of weather

The weather has turned, soup is ordered in place of salads, the lattes have switch from iced to hot, sweaters are coming out of the closet, and thoughts of home fill me. There is not one specific place I long to be but the idea of hot apple cider, the smell of turkey cooking, and a warm fire is what my heart desires even longs for at the moment.
I am in London after failing to make it to my check in yesterday due to weather. I have my first mark on my file, a mistrip and am disappointed to have risked being away from base simply for the idea of family. It was not my family, mind you, but Christina's who welcomed me in, feed me, and made the comforts of home avaliable. I spent three great, lazy days in Kansas City and gained five pounds from the incrediable food and lack of activity. Let me tell you, the bbq is everything that they proclaim it to be!

My absence from writing is not due to want or laziness, I just always want to write when my computer is unavaliable. I don't take it on international trips because of the hassle of transport and security. Therefore it sits at home waiting for me to pick up and pour out my thoughts.

The month of September was filled with new trips to new destinations and was all around a great month. I discovered Glascow (much different from its conterpart, Edinburgh) but still lovely. Great shopping! Manchester was also new and I had a great time there looking for Crayton's jersey in white, going to the best Indian food ever, hanging out at the gay bars and with a cool pilot...enough said. Our hotel is gorgeous there and the rooms boost thirty foot high ceilings and the reports of being haunted. I had the pleasure of playing host to my mom in my city of NYC. We walked through Central Park, let her meet the guy, dinner in Little Italy, went to San Germano festival, shopping on Fifth Ave, taught her how to hail a cab, spent time in a old fashioned soda shop, and then took her to Ediburgh on my flight. We returned and watched Wicked, which was the coolest play ever. I highly recommend. And it gave me the final decision to be Dorthy for Halloween.

Things with John are great, moving at a slow pace. It is nice however, to have someone to hang out with once a week. He is oh, so handsome and still gives me butterflies to think about. My Yankees have been eliminated, sadly but I was able to go to game three and witness the end of an era. The game was incrediable and just being there....wow! My Ducks are doing well and I plan now to go back to my room and watch the play-by-play on my phone. Lazy days in London, sometimes I just have to smile at what a great life I have.

2 comments:

nene said...

i would make you homemade soup, turkey and buy you a new sweater....oh how i miss you so!

Unknown said...

sounds like a great month since ben harper/cafeteria night. i accidentally deleted your number so please get in touch. would love to catch up with you.