06 March 2007

tba

My pairing indicated that my hotel room was tba for my evening in IAH. Usually we stay at the Marriott ajacent to the aiport but since the rodeo was in town. My room would be at the Clarion which was located next to Rick's which appeared to be a stripclub from the looks of it. I walked through many hallways into my room that was straight out of the eighties. The TV, the comforters, the desk, the coffeemaker,the smell. I needed a drink, so I threw on a tee and jeans and walked into the twightlight zone of a bar. I took a look around and saddled up to the bar with another odd smell and black duct tape on the edge. The gathering of idiots with their whiskey and voices straight out the Simpons, you know when they show the white trash, was summed up with the neon blue Bud Light sign in the shape of Texas. I order a Pinot Noir from the misplaced Asian bartender, her reply, "what kind of water?". "Uhm, do you have red wine?", "yes what kind you want?" "Whatever you have". Well she poured it in a champange flute, that was her choice from the multitude of glassware straight out of my mom's china cabinet. I took in the scene for as long as it took to choke down the wine I would need to go to sleep and excused myself to my room. Somethings about the 80's I miss, the music, some of the styles, but as for 80's hotels, well I can do without.

No comments: