11 March 2007

a day with me is never dull

I was unable to pick up a trip on my day off, so instead I picked up airport alert. I brought my computer to dink around and watch a missed episode and was getting ready for a nap when the bat phone rang. My name was called and I mumbled obsenities on my way to answer it. "Your going to TPA on a three day", the scheduler said, "gate 93'. Alrighty, off I went across the airport at a good pace. As I reached the last wing my name was announced over the PA, that resulted in a break out run to the gate where I was met with sacrasim. I boarded the plane in a hurry and quickly met my all guy (woo-hoo) crew. Off to TPA we went, me working my favorite position with a fantastic crew. A cookie awaited us upon check-in indicating a night at the Doubletree and then a meeting was set with the crew. Our captain lived in the area and took us out on his boat across the bay to have lunch and drinks on the water. The day was spent with a beer in one hand, sun warming my body, and goofying around with the guys. The next day we were off to LAS via CLE. I never sat down the whole trip because I was having fun with the passangers and the lead FA and I were playing spades. The crew met again and walked over to the Hard Rock to have dinner and gamble. Luck was not on anyone side as we quicky lost money. The group disbursed but the gay guy stayed with me. It was early so we walked around to kill time and saw the hotest firefighter driving the truck back to the station. I stood across the street and asked him what time he got off. A little dective work (eg asking the security guy on his bike) led to the whereabouts of station 18 and tickets to get into Body English. We waited until 2200 and walked up to get into the club, hey we are running on EST here. Instead they ushered us into a venue where the Steve Miller Band was playing. Talk about a WT crowd! It was good way to kill an hour, and to laugh at the youngen with me how never heard of the band. A few more hours of dancing and drinking free champange and then we headed back to the hotel. Not before we stopped by the fire department to find out, sadly, it was locked up tight. "Can't we just call them?" I asked. It was clearly time to go to bed.

No comments: