03 March 2007

food court

Although the options encourage it, it blows my mind how horrible people eat in airports. Struggling just to find a place to sit for one, I look at people’s choices for lunch. Majority of the people have opted for McDonalds but there are other favorites around such as Nathan’s Famous, a Chinese place, Sbarro, Ben and Jerry’s, Treat Street, and Dunkin Donuts. I watch, as I proudly eat my sushi, fries being shoved into faces as they watch the ipods, pasta being consumed in record time, and my absolute favorite, the woman with a already empty Ben and Jerry’s cup in front of her, with what I presume to have been a shake, now holding in her hand a waffle cone and the straw from the previous item, sucking up her remaining ice cream. When I first started this job, eating crap became routine because of the lack of time and planning ahead that had yet to be learned. After this routine became weight gain and lack of self confidence, it has quickly changed into only eating grilled chicken, sushi, salads, or protein shakes, along with the healthy goodies now found in my trusty tote bag.

Off to FLL as a load, which means that I am kickin’ by myself at the hotel for 22 hours. I plan to check out some pre-season baseball and work on my tan. Perks about this job…a tan in the winter that is constantly renewed with visits to the sunshine.

No comments: