18 March 2007

4 day part one

This is one job which the “spring forward” time change doesn’t really affect a person. We, as flight crew are constantly adjusting our internal clock to the local time. The different time zones sometimes allows for confusion in when to meet up for dinner. This was such the case on the pairing. Our first and only flight of the day took us to San Antonio. I was tired because I got caught finishing the second season of Grey’s and didn’t hit the hay until midnight. I was told to come in a 0600 and do my final review for probation, an hour before check in. The crew agreed to meet at 1700 for dinner, I asked local or our time…our time. I set the alarm on my phone and took a much-needed nap. As I was getting up to meet everyone, I realized my phone automatically changed to CST. Damn it, maybe I can catch them at the Mexican restaurant a for mentioned. I walked out and it was sprinkling a bit. The more I walked to more the rain came down until I was soaked, the search for an open place to eat ended in me hitting the hotel bar where low and behold, there were the pilots.
The first officer and I were able to get our timing right last night as we agreed to meet for happy hour. The original plan was to hit Great America but it is not open until April. Morton’s had just opened and was on the first thing to do on our list provided by the chamber lady who just happened to be at the front desk when we came up with the map we stole from the concierge desk asking for advice. The next stop was an Irish pub, which is always a good time….too good of a time as I taught the ol’ Italian New Yorker how to do an Irish car bomb. Two other guys wanted to know what we were drinking so I bought them a round and taught them as well. Then they bought me a round after hanging door signs on me. "Brillant!!" Salsa dancing was next on our agenda and according to my friend; I flashed a cop car on the walk to the Agenda. They were not going to let me in the Salsa club and I told them I wasn't going to drink I was going to Salsa! The night started to get spotty from the there but I remember dancing and salsa-ing around. We made it back to the hotel, which strangely enough I stayed at ten years ago with my boyfriend, around 2300 and I woke up at 0600 to discover my phone didn’t work. I am sure it had something to do with it falling into the sink at the bar and then my dropping it.
Onward to LAX to day via IAH, and we don’t get in until 0100 local time…it will be one hell of long day.

No comments: