20 January 2008

good grief

There are not many flights that make me miserable, especially now that I am flying international. But today, well I spent the day in bed recovering instead of enjoying this quaint town of BHX. I picked up the trip and worked in my favorite cabin. Things were going smoothly until the captains family boarded and after throwing their stuff around the cabin preceeded to walk in and out of the cockpit (directly in my way of working) and then started demanding stuff from me. It is an unwritten rule that as a non-rev passanger you are to sit and mind you own business and take what you can get. Majority of the time we treat non-revs like gold, going above and beyond for them because they don't expect it. Well, this bitch expected me to kiss her ass. She didn't let up at all the whole flight and the worse part about it, it that 1. she is haunting me on the layover and 2. I have to deal with her ass on the way home.
So whe finally get the door closed and are ready to taxi when...I hear a hissing sound. I walk to the mid galley to throw away cups and see the emergency slide laying in the jetway. My reaction: get the hell out of there before it blows and to look at the flight attendant that caused this and say "you're fucked". Long story short: three hour delay on the ground. I am exhausted and can't wait for tomorrow to end. And yes, I have already touched her food with dirty hands.

1 comment:

Robert said...

I love the comment about handling the bitchy passengers food with dirty hands! NICE! Hope you are doing well. Check out my blog if you get a chance and you're really bored: rperro.blogspot.com