17 January 2008

bfs

My third time in Belfast finds me walking around the city alone. I turn the corner and a huge, brightly lit ferris wheel consumes my line of vision. So the child in my took a ride, and saw the city in a whole new light.

All I brought with me on my walk around the city is a zip lock bag of previously separated pounds. The kind man at the bodega volunteered to change in into bills, 15 to be precious. I am loaded! The clear night allowed me to walk around the city that has never been seen through sober eyes. It is a perfect European city filled with warmth from memories of my first visit with Janene. I am now back in the room and about to curl up on the coach in the shadow of a BBC satellite and read a book. Let me also state that it is a first for me to spend a day in Ireland without a beer in my hand. It must be the absence of the red hair.

No comments: