02 January 2008

christmas

It was two years ago that I was spending my holiday in NYC, a planned getaway with my friend; it was then I rode the subway for the first time then. That is what triggered my memory, last night as I rode the 6-line home from my movie. My second trip of the month took me back to jolly ol’ London on a short adventure with a great crew. The plane has spots of eye candy to make the journey go by faster, and we all gathered in the crew room to drink, eat, and be merry. I got a little too merry as I woke up face down, fully clothed (even my shoes) in my hotel room. Let me tell you, working at 36,000 feet with a hangover is not pleasant. Never the less, I decided to spend my Christmas, not at home with my sick roommate who was watching some Russian movie but instead eating Chinese food on Bleeker and catching my favorite Christmas movie at a nearby theatre. It was the second time in five days I had watched “It’s a Wonderful Life” and it was every bit as good as the first time I saw it, ages ago. All in all my holiday was great, not the least bit home sick as I received tons of pressies and cards from friends.
I had a feeling when I journeyed to the big apple for the first time that I would return, in some capacity. It still blows my mind sometimes to think that I live here, New York City…wow. I was standing on Lance’s rooftop the other evening and thinking how comfortable it was being in the middle of the universe. Did you know that this year marks the 100th anniversary of the ball drop in Times Square? Granted you couldn’t pay me to be in the middle of all the tourist, but I will be somewhere. Hopefully somewhere getting the perfect New Years kiss.
A part of the reason I returned to NY permanently was to pick up my heart, where I thought I had let it prior during my visit. That and all the Sex in the City I had been watching.

No comments: