02 January 2008

cab-cab

Luck was on my side this NYE as I walked towards the liquor store to pick up a bottle of champange, a lady was getting out of a cab. Perfect. The rooftop/penthouse party at my friend, Lances was the perfect way to spend the evening. Everyone was dolled up in suits, gowns, and tuxes and yours truly opted for a tiara. We watched the ball drop on tv, toasted, and kissed. Then I spent the rest of the evening dancing to early 80's disco. As I was leaving the building, a cab was dropping off people. This may not seem like a big deal but you have to understand how many people came into NYC for the new year. It was estimated 2 million total with a million of these pain-in-the-ass tourist crowding into Times Square. So that leaves all the locals and the other million tourist vying for one of the 50,000 cabs that inhabit Manhattan. The city was packed but there was such a great energy. And yes, I will share with you that I had a perfect New Year's kiss, I just happened to still be on west coast time.

No comments: