11 January 2008

bhx

My commute home usually runs very smoothly as I am not ruled by the clock, the trains seem to be right there and I get home pretty quickly. This was not the case yesterday after I returned from a lovely trip to BHX. I got pulled to go through agriculture in customs, and then the escalator to the air train was broke. I just missed the train to NY but it was such a nice day outside, I didn’t mind. Once I was at Penn Station, I waited forever for the E train. We made one stop before some announcement about changing of the lines due to an investigation in Queens. So I had to get off the train, carry my bags up the stairs, through Port Authority, under the street up another broken escalator then down the stairs to catch the 7. I was among the confused masses that packed the train and I prayed silently for patience. Two stops left me in Grand Central as I began the long watch to the 5 train. Luckily this was an express train and I was home in two stops. Next was the half a mile walk home with my wheels making as much noise as possible to remind me of their presence. My street at last! Now I just had to get up the narrow four stories worth of stairs to the apartment.



Did you know that magnificent was a word, among many, invented by Shakespeare? It was a fact I learned prior to my trip to Birmingham, England. We stay 25 miles away in Strafford-upon-Avon where Shakespeare was born and is buried. My crew was absolutely fantastic and included this gay couple from Staton Island. These boys should have had their own stage show, they were so funny. I was able to catch the evening show as we drank sangria in the rooms after my minuture exploration.
This town is so quaint and so beautiful with the cobblestones, the river passing gently underneath the bridge into town. They seem to be big fans of Christmas as hordes of lights still graced the town. The little shops were welcoming and everyone it seemed was out for a spot of tea during my walk. I truly understand where he received his inspiration, this place is absolutely magnificent!

No comments: