20 October 2007

pooche patrol

A week later and I am back in England, this time in Manchester. We stay at this great hotel with gothic ceilings and mazes for hallways. A part of me wants to wander and get lost but the stories of the haunts and ghosts that live here, make me hesitate. I spent most of the day sleeping after our flight was delayed by an hour. It is getting to be that time of the year once more when the weather decides our departure and arrival time. Flight was easy and I am becoming more and more confident in the first class galley position. I have sat around all week on call with nothing coming my way flight wise. Instead, I interviewed to become a part time dog walker on Wednesday by spending the day walking miles around the East Village with dogs and my new friend Beth. I will be on call with this job as well and may have some overnights with the pooches. A paid night away from the air mattress...sign me up!
With time on our hands the roomie and I decided to hit the town and see what was shaking. We met a guy at Butter the other night who invited us to his table at Marquee. Hoping to run into some Yankees we headed to Olives and then the Underbar...nada going on. Marquee, Pink Elephant, House, Bunglow 8, a visiti to my boy, and homemade grilled cheese ended our evening at 0530. I was feeling homey and made some lasange Thursday, gotta love fall cooking.
So get this. I am in Manchester and want something warm and quick to take back to the hotel. Sadly, I decided on Pizza Hut for familarity. I walked in and everyone was being waited on and eating there pie with knifes and forks. It was bizzare! I got my personal pan and went back to eat it with my hands.

No comments: