28 July 2009

400

For my 400th post I am going to look at all the things (that I can think of) that have changed since I have lived in NYC.
(about the city, there has been 399 other post about changes in me)

metro card was $1.75 now $2.25
NY post was .25 now .50
tribough bridge is now RFK bridge
bridge toll was $6 now $8
spitzer was governor now it's patterson
hilary was our senator, now some lady with kids
the crown has reopened on lady liberty
cigarettes are now $11/pack
4th of July fireworks on the hudson this year
old yankee stadium closed and new stadium opened
same for shae, now citi field or as we dub it tax payers field
mighty wall street crashed
the yankees missed the playoffs for the first time in 13 years (i was at the last game)
the oak room in the plaza hotel has reopened
TKTS now accepts credit cards
taxis now have tvs and accept credit cards
the law changed on how many times a person can run for mayor (2 to 3)
the NY Giants won the superbowl (greatest game ever, btw)

this will be edited as i remember more things or find all the notes that i constantly write to myself.

No comments: