25 July 2009

7.25

I am not sure if it was exactly three years ago today that I was on my first trip as a flight attendant. I am at the age when things are becoming a little foggy. However I can tell you that it was eleven years ago today that I was hit and run by a car while riding my bike down to Fred Meyer and my scar on my knee and wrist remind me to be smarter about life decisions. I can also tell you that nine years ago today, Matt kissed me for the first time.

The past three years have felt like a different lifetime, and in some ways I guess that it has been. I am not sure where I was last year at this time, I know that I was busy working, busy enjoying life and balancing the three jobs and a boyfriend. I know that I was packing up my first apartment in the city and getting ready to move to BK. I know that I was happy last year at this time and the year prior as well. July is a good month for me and maybe, just maybe that accident happened so I could stop and reflect about a year past and have a smile at it's conclusion to this anniversary of something that may have injured me more. I am happy now even though there are a million questions coming at me about what I am going to do and where I am going to live. Right now I am living in the moment and stopping today to not only celebrate the change of life that is happening to Nichole but also the cross road of a change that will happen in me as well soon.

No comments: