05 November 2008

change

Change is inevitable and most of the time unwelcome. But in my case I embraced the hell out of it and used it for motivation to get my butt in gear and to get the hell out of, not only Brooklyn but my funk. A week ago the movers pulled up (one from the previous time) and took my perfectly packed room and we journeyed across the bridge and uptown.
I have moved into a fantastic new building with a doorman (how NY is that?) and into a room which over looks the city and from which I can see my favorite building in the world...the Chrysler Building. The other night I returned home to see the little lit up and fireworks going off south of the city. It is such a wave of relief to be back into the city! I will admit that learning the ins and out of the west side subway system or how to get to the East Village in a timely manner are presenting me with challenges but this time they are not overwhelming. And do you know what else is great? It took me..count them 75 minutes to get from my room through security! The old route took upwards to three hours sometimes with two trains along with the bus ride. Love living on the westside...when it comes to flying that is. I am realizing that I have built me life around being an East side girl. But again there is always room for change!

No comments: