16 December 2007

good clothes

They say that good clothes can open all doors. Myself, being a fashion conaseaur, firmly believe that statement, plus is always feels good when you have the perfect outfit. Friday evening had approached and my previous plans to spend the weekend with Janene had fallen through (ie she decided not to come visit) so it left me to fin for myself in the entertainment department. I got dolled up and went in search of a second job as a cocktail waitress. The area I would adore to work in The Village so I trouted my fabulous self down there and started pounding the pavement. After dropping off a few resumes, I decided to treat myself to dinner. The restuarant I desired to go to was closed for a holiday party so off I went. And as I was walking down Sullivan Street two men were out smoking and as I walked passed criticed my outfit with this commentary. "She looks good." "She has her shit together." "She is totally New York." I floated the rest of the way to the next place. Balazathar is a hoydie-toydie place here where stars dine and it is always packed. I have walked by prior but always have been a bit intimidated to go in. Well, tonight, I walked through the door and asked for a table for one. The host asked me to wait a moment, which I did, and while I was standing there at least five couples came in and asked for tables without reservations. It was a two hour wait. After a five minutes of me standing near the front, I was seated at a prime table for two for one. The people watching, the food, and the company was exquiste! During the course of my meal at least ten people came by to see how I was and thank me for being with them and then to top it off, a glass of champange was brought to my table. "Compliments of the house as we like to encourage ladies to dine alone." I walked to the subway thinking the evening could only go down hill if I stayed out and got another compliment that I looked sharp. You gotta love New York sometimes!

No comments: