16 December 2007

beat the clock

Saturday was spent picking up my final holiday presents and centered around watching the Ducks play basketball against Nebraska. I decided to head to a place in the Village called Off the Wagon to watch the game. I walked in to a relatively empty bar and pulled up a stool. I placed an order for the game and a Bud Lite. You can get a pitcher for $4.50, "what the hell am I going to with a pitcher?" "drink it". So I got my pitcher, ordered up some nachos, and watched the game. During the second half the place was invaded by fourty or so Santas all ordering pitchers. As of noon in this place on a Saturday pitchers start at four dollars and go up fifty cents per hour. This will tell you how early I started drinking. After the santas, came a pub crawl, and then another (these people had their own mugs). And the comedy rolled on sort of like my own commerical break. The game went into overtime which allowed me to finish my pitcher, and the bartender daring asked if I wanted another? Good, god no! I instead tagged along with one of the pub crawls for another bar before heading back to my neighborhood. With the knowledge that John is no longer working at my favorite bar, it has been released back to me to freely go into wtihout feeling strange. So I ordered my favorite comfort meal and some water. The place was slow and i looked at my watch to discover it was only six. Around seven, because the bartender was cute, I got back on the wagon with a couple of beers and then called it quits around eight, when the cute bartender got off work.

No comments: