24 May 2006

ugly shoes

Day two after getting the news:

I have only had one breakdown and one close call. I wrote my two weeks notice yesterday and the tears overpowered my thoughts, paralyzing me. A job which has brought to me little satisfaction over the past year and a half now makes my sad to see its ending. The letter will be delivered today, I am excited about moving forward and taking the leap of all leaps. When moving to Portland three years ago, I was terrified but everything has worked out beautifully. I feel I have grown expediently from the girl I was when I left my hometown. Now as I prepare to leave my home state, the list of things to do keeps growing. But the list is set aside as of Friday to enjoy a long weekend in Vegas with my girlfriends.


I am on-line right now trying to find shoes that are appropriate for training and flying. I am a lover (that is an understatement) of fabulous shoes, and the thought of having to wear ugly shoes just makes me sad. I have visited a couple of sites today and greatful to have some prospects with my old friend Stuart. Giovanni was right, I just need to think about what I can wear when I am not at work and wear the hell of fabulous, funky things for the next three weeks.

No comments: