24 May 2006

New Home

Monday

I boarded my flight at midnight. A red-eye that would take me to a part of the country I had never seen before. Dressed up and hoping for the best, I cuddled up in my thin blanket and wished for sleep. The guy next to me spilled over into my seat with his less than pleasant smell. The couple in front of me brought their cat along for the journey. Meows set the background for my restless sleep. I arrived at my destination and freshed up, a crew member on my flight answered my question of direction then proceeded to have breakfast with me and offer me a ride to the facility. My day had begun. Many interviews later, I was offered the job. My shock was noticiable as I was just in the mode of answering questions, tired from the lack of rest, my guard was down. I don't think the decision settled with me until awaking from my nap on the ride home. I awoke with a strange calmness, looked around the cabin, and knew this was to be my new home.

No comments: