16 February 2009

hawaii in a coconut shell

Carol / Me
5 hour flight / 10 hour flight
picked up in town car with lai / took bus to get rental car 1/5 hrs later at hotel
passenger in the convertible / map reader, driver
shopper / bag holder
tourist / tour guide and driver
steak and lobster / sushi
spa day / spa day plus bikini wax
luau lover / pork lover
actually got into the ocean / surfer
discovered poolside drinks / got drunk with local friend and tan!
shuttled to the airport and walked to the gate / returned car, hung out for 5 hours with broken toe
5 hour flight / 10 hour flight

We hit Pearl Harbor Memorial which was moving and informative to learn about where my grandpa and father were during the attacks. The BX, equally fun! : ) Showing my mom the island and actually remembering my previous tour over Christmas was great. Driving the convertible on gorgeous sun filed days was fabulous even if I had to read the map and drive at the same time. Our spa day was amazing and so relaxing. The luau was great especially the part when Carol told the hot luau giver that she wanted a kiss as well. My favorite day was the relaxing one where I hit the waves early in the morning and practiced my surfing skills until a wave kicked my ass and broke my toe. We walked around and in the sand before retiring to the pool. The next morning I went for a final walk on the beach just to soak it all in and re-established the broken toe by hitting it on a rock. It was Friday the 13th but at least I have a souviner for a couple more weeks

No comments: