09 September 2009

only in nyc on sullivan street

Allow me to set the scene: I had just gotten back from walking Carrie to the subway stop and opted for a tasti-d-lite before going home. I wanted to eat it outside and enjoy the remainder of the summer. I approached my building and sat on the curb leading to the door. There were a couple of tipsy guys next door being silly and I was paying them no mind. Suddenly one guy approached and asked if he could throw his Porsche keys at me again. What? He threw them towards me and I just looked him and then his other friend came and started talking to me as well. The key thrower was a black guy who claimed to be a social worker and then showed me the medal his was wearing from the honor society. The other guy who claimed to be his cousin was a Spanish man missing his front two teeth, wearing a cowboy hat and tight dress shirt. A first thought he seemed gay. They continued to talk to me much to my humor and then the Spanish guy lit up a bowl. All of a sudden the black guy with the medal started singing to me and the Spanish guy leaned over to point out that his fly was undone. A moment later someone came out of my building with a French bulldog and the dog just stopped cold and stared at the guy singing in an awful key. The owner immediately picked up the dog and walked away while I busted out laughing at the whole scene. As if on cue a couple walked in between us and gave the guy a strange look to which he replied that he was trying to get laid. The dog, now five feet away is still staring at the guy and the owner has to pick him up again. Now a businessman comes home to my building and isn’t fazed by any of this.

Still chuckling, I made my way into the building and bounded upstairs to get this all down. Man, I am going to miss New York!!!!

No comments: